Android debuted on Sept. 23 eight years ago, though Google has cooked up some type of celebration for Saturday.
The timing first nicely with the upcoming launch of Google's Pixel phones, which should lead the parade of compatible hardware.
First there was Google Now. Next, Google's new Allo app includes Google Assistant, a capable digital personality that is eager to assist.
It's also looking like the term Google Now is going away with the company uniting its effort behind the new Google Assistant.
Leaning heavily on Google's new Assistant, Google hopes Allo will finally give it a messaging app that really sticks.
Sending photos is much easier if you and the recipient are using Google's all-in-one image service.
Both the smartphone and Android Auto versions of the app will let you know the speed limit while driving.
Google hasn't said what's coming yet, but if you sign up for the initiative you'll be part of the group that's in the know.
Researchers can submit entries from now until March 14, 2017.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Google today continued its campaign to tighten the screws on unencrypted web traffic.
Nexus 6P maker Huawei is reportedly in the final stages of crafting a seven-inch slab to hit store shelves by the end of the year.
A thread on Google's Chromium code repository suggests fingerprint scanning is being built into future Chromebooks, which would help the platform catch up with Android and Windows.
The vulnerability, which Google has patched, could let attackers obtain the password for locked Nexus 5X devices and access device contents
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Why you want Google's Allo
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
- Google tweets that it's 'whipping up something sweet' in honor of Android's birthday
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT