Alphabet, the parent company of Google, racked up US$3.6 billion in losses last year on investments in "big bets" such as self-driving cars and Internet balloons.
It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
They said it couldn't be done, but this week Google's AI technology proved them wrong by mastering the ancient Chinese game of Go roughly a decade earlier than anyone expected.
The European Union's top antitrust regulator is looking for an excuse to investigate Google's controversial deal with U.K. tax authorities -- and a Scottish legislator is ready to give her one.
Android phones may soon get a whole lot smarter thanks to a new partnership between Google and chip maker Movidius that promises to bring machine intelligence directly into mobile devices.
One of the key components of the Google Apps productivity suite has been the tech giant's focus on providing collaboration tools so that people can work on the same document together, wherever they happen to be. Those capabilities got an upgrade on W...
Google's Inbox email client now makes it easier to find a needle in an email haystack with updates the company made Tuesday morning.
Google is continuing its push to make its Apps collaboration suite useful for enterprises with a new feature that lets administrators set how their users are able to share files.
U.K. legislators want to interview Google about a deal on back taxes agreed with tax authorities following an investigation of its results back as far as 2005.
Shipment of PCs with Google's Chrome OS are growing at the expense of Windows laptops and desktops, despite the PC market being in its biggest slump since 2008.
When Google tells us it blocked 780 million bad ads last year, is that a sign that things are getting better?
It's a much faster way to download a new app, but not everyone can try it out just yet.
Google has made it easier for users of its Drive cloud storage product to move files around into exactly the right folder and store them to find later.
The U.S. government plans to spend almost US$4 billion over the next 10 years on research into autonomous driving and, as a first step, will come up with a set of model regulations to govern the technology and its use on public roads across the count...
Google's fleet of self-driving cars had to take control from the autonomous system 341 times over 14 months, according to a Google report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW