My holiday gift giving season started early Thursday morning when the UPS guy pounded on my door and handed me a package. Inside was a notebook -- Google's much-discussed cloud-based Cr-48 Chrome OS laptop, which was announced by the company on Tuesd...
The possibilities seemed endless when Google began hyping near-field communication for Android phones last month. Now, we've got some hard details on what the NFC capabilities in Android version 2.3, known as Gingerbread, will do in the near future.
The CR-48 has landed! This morning, we received one of Google's first Chrome OS-powered laptops. As you'll see in our video, the CR-48 looks a lot like an old black Apple MacBook that's trying to sneak past customs -- it's all flat black with no stic...
For the fourth year, I'm trotting out my nominations for the biggest turkeys of tech.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
As the details of Samsung's Galaxy Tab are gradually revealed, it's becoming increasingly clear that many of the tablet's most desirable features derive from its use of Android--or Linux, that is--which, after all, is the basis for Google's winning m...
Recently I wrote about how the rumored Apple iTV could help your company with tools including easy videoconferencing and online video libraries.
Google TV's planned fall launch is not news, but given that Google hasn't said much about its television plans since May, it's time for a refresher. Here's a quick rundown of everything to know about Google TV as anticipation grows for the imminent l...
Hardly a week goes by without some fresh evidence of Android's growing success.
Now that business users have begun clamoring for Android phones in earnest, it's a better time than ever to take a fresh look at the Android apps now available for enterprises.
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
Google's new Gmail calling may be a great way for consumers to make free and low-cost voice calls, but the service isn't quite ready for business customers using Google Apps, the search giant's suite of cloud-based productivity programs.
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
If Google is planning to launch a tablet device in the near future, it should bypass its embryonic Chrome OS and instead go with Android, the company's other mobile operating system that's taking the smartphone market by storm.
The early returns are rolling in on Apple's iAd mobile advertising platform, and so far the results seem mixed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC