Fantastic for all multimedia, though a bit too big for everyday phone calls
Can LG and Google recapture the magic of the hugely successful Nexus 5?
Not playing the spec race means the G4 is a fantastic smartphone designed for the real world
A 2K screen, thin profile and wide set of features make the Z4 Tablet a great purchase
A budget smartphone worth your time
Google in pictures
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Google's newly completed Apps suite can't beat Apple's improved iWork or Microsoft Office
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
The poor cropping interface was a sore spot in Google's otherwise great app.
The addition of Acer's R11 and the 2015 Chromebook Pixel brings the total number of Chromebooks able to run the Play Store to three.
Just because your phone doesn't have a Nexus logo doesn't mean it can't work like stock Android.
AlphaGo's uncanny success at the game of Go was taken by many as a death knell for the dominance of the human intellect, but Google researcher David Silver doesn't see it that way.
Some other hints indicate the Google Calendar API may soon have some more tricks for developers to get their hands on with.
You can listen to audio books and empower many apps to 'talk' to you with Google's nifty tool.
Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Searching Google is a quick way to find information, but more advanced functions can help users find more helpful information faster.
'Bots' are hot today, and popular tech companies including Apple, Facebook and Google all take dramatically different approaches to bot technology. Here's what bots from these consumer giants could mean to enterprises.
Google wrapped up its annual I/O keynote presentation on Wednesday after unveiling its version of FaceTime, its version of Apple Watch Complications, and its version of Siri on steroids. But Google also announced a few new features, especially as par...
Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
Google's new tablet isn't a Nexus, and it's ready for serious work. But will that keyboard suffice?
Whitepapers about Google
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Videos about Google
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD