Fantastic for all multimedia, though a bit too big for everyday phone calls
Can LG and Google recapture the magic of the hugely successful Nexus 5?
Not playing the spec race means the G4 is a fantastic smartphone designed for the real world
A 2K screen, thin profile and wide set of features make the Z4 Tablet a great purchase
A budget smartphone worth your time
Google in pictures
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Google's newly completed Apps suite can't beat Apple's improved iWork or Microsoft Office
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Later this year, Google Maps users will start seeing new ads as they're driving down the road and planning trips using its mobile app.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Chromebooks have sold primarily to educational organizations, particularly K-12 schools, because of their low price and easy manageability.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Searching Google is a quick way to find information, but more advanced functions can help users find more helpful information faster.
Want to send someone a photo, screenshot, or other image? If you're a Gmail user, there's only one option: attach the item(s) to the message. That's all well and good, but what if you want to embed an image in the body of the e-mail? Scan the toolbar...
Google wrapped up its annual I/O keynote presentation on Wednesday after unveiling its version of FaceTime, its version of Apple Watch Complications, and its version of Siri on steroids. But Google also announced a few new features, especially as par...
Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
Google's new tablet isn't a Nexus, and it's ready for serious work. But will that keyboard suffice?
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Whitepapers about Google
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Videos about Google
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW