It's also looking like the term Google Now is going away with the company uniting its effort behind the new Google Assistant.
The dev channel's new tab page includes recommended articles and recent bookmarks laid out in the familiar stream of cards.
Some Android users have a better mechanism to tell Google their favorite bands, sports teams, movies, people, and more.
The predictive service is always a work in progress, and the latest tweaks might make it a more useful aide for your day.
This major redesign to Android's launcher kills off the app drawer button and pushes you to interact more regularly with Google Now.
More hands-free commands may be coming to Google maps and Android Auto, which should help keep your eyes where they belong.
Just because your phone doesn't have a Nexus logo doesn't mean it can't work like stock Android.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
Google has just updated its Google Search Android app, which now includes a home screen widget for the Google Now service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD