Wonder what it's like when Google hosts its annual developer's conference outside? Let us show you.
At its I/O keynote, Google did its best to get developers excited about building apps for Android with new tools and money-making schemes. But Google is also expanding support for developers who'd rather create iOS apps.
At the Google I/O conference this week, the company vigorously lobbied developers to adopt a new programming model, one that could, the company asserted, make it radically easier to build Web applications.
Google has built its business around an ability to generate and analyze search data. Now, as it sets its sights on becoming a dominant player in hardware of all types, it's giving special thought to design.
Google's Android Studio development environment is available in a beta version that makes it easier to create apps for smartwatches and TVs.
A new version of Android, a TV suite and a whole lot more.
Catching up with Apple, Google is setting the stage for device makers to release 64-bit smartphones and tablets with the Android L operating system.
Google has unveiled the first three smartwatches that will run Android Wear, a cut-down version of Android for wearable devices, and we got our hands on one of them: the Samsung Gear Live.
Get ready for 2014's Google I/O by looking back at some of the biggest moments and announcements from previous years
Google is set to release an SDK aimed at making fitness-based apps more effective by pulling in data from multiple devices.
Chromebooks will soon be able to receive notifications and run applications from Android smartphones and tablets.
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
If the key to winning cloud business is to earn the approval of developers, as pundits say, then Google is busy wooing programmers with a new set of tools for its cloud platform.
Under pressure from Microsoft's Office 365, Google has launched a premium edition of Apps with unlimited cloud storage and extra IT controls, and has also improved the Docs office productivity suite.
Google is launching a new version of its Android operating system for use in cars, seeking to integrate itself into a place in which Americans spend hours every week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW