A look at some of the coolest bits of Chrome experimentation out there, in honor of Google’s 1000th Chrome experiment being published this week.
Fetch TV has launched a desktop application programmed to block all FIFA World Cup results for those of you unfortunate enough to miss out on the live action.
When the doors open for the Google I/O keynote on Wednesday, we're not expecting a team of Glass-wearing skydivers--that's so last year--but rather something equally stunning to remind us that Google is a hotbed of innovation. The stakes are high, an...
Many cynical users assume Web browsers do little more than dutifully render HTML. The content is the most important part, they say, so it makes little difference which browser you use.
Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
Five Great Free Business Apps for Google Chrome
Google's Chrome operating system-based CR-48 notebook computer may be in just a select set of hands so far, but it's been generating plenty of media attention.
It's been a year since Google first said it would deliver a browser-only operating system for laptops called Chrome OS. Today, Google previewed the real thing at a time the iPad slate concept has already gained remarkable traction by businesses and u...
Google opened its Web application store for Chrome browser users on Tuesday, offering highly interactive, graphically rich applications from a variety of sources, including National Public Radio, Amazon.com, Electronic Arts and Sports Illustrated.
Google patched 10 vulnerabilities in Chrome this week, including one pegged critical on the Mac.
Google on Thursday patched 10 vulnerabilities in Chrome, but did not award any of the researchers who reported bugs the new top-dollar reward of $US3,133. Google's most serious threat rating, seven labeled "high" and another pegged as "medium."
Google on Thursday announced it would require new Chrome extension developers to pay a one-time US$5 registration fee as a way to stymie malicious add-ons for its browser.
The latest beta of Chrome 6 is out, and its menus have been optimized for touch--complete with buttons for copying, pasting, as well as zooming in on a page. Could this be a taste of what the rumored Chrome OS tablet will be like? Maybe.
Google on Thursday said it will pick up Chrome's release pace by issuing a new version of the browser about every six weeks. According to Anthony Laforge, a Chrome program manager, the new schedule will put a a new "stable" version of the browser in ...
Google Chrome is now the third-most-popular browser in the U.S., behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox, but ahead of Apple's Safari for the first time, according to a study by Web analytics company StatCounter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD