Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
The first day of sales in the US for Google's Android phone hasn't quite echoed the frenzy surrounding initial iPhone sales, but a few hardy souls across the country got up early to buy the first devices available in stores.
Judging by the smile on Jacek Ambroziak's face, you would have thought he won the lottery. For him, being the first in line to buy a new G1 phone at the T-Mobile US store in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was better than winning the lotto.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
T-Mobile USA will become the first company in the world to announce a mobile phone based on Google's Android OS at a New York press conference September 23, the New York Times reports, citing T-Mobile.
Google provided a glimpse of its Android operating system running on a mobile phone for the first time in Europe on Tuesday, in a limited viewing ahead of its imminent launch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW