If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
Beleaguered Sony Ericsson must need good news more than sales, why else would it introduce its first Android phone months early? Just in time to hurt holiday sales of its current high-end handset!
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
Motorola's Droid has a tough game of catch-up to play, but not as tough as what faces Palm's Pre as both challenge Apple's iPhone. Longer term, this may be a two horse race, with Android winning in the end and BlackBerry still chugging along.
An impressive feature of Google's new Android 2.0 mobile device operating system is Google Maps Navigation, a that's not only free to use, but is fairly easy to learn as well.
Too much, as least so early, is being made of the Motorola Droid's supposedly magical powers. Can a single handset "save" Motorola, launch a new operating system, and smite the evil Steve Jobs?
The countdown is underway to the Droid invasion. Verizon has unveiled the official specs and contract details, and pre-orders are already underway at Best Buy. By this time next week the Motorola Droid will be unleashed and we will find out if the re...
A major contender to the iPhone, Google's Droid smartphone, took center stage this week. With Verizon in its corner, Droid matches up well against reigning champ iPhone. Analysts were quick to size up Droid's advantages, assess its chances, and even ...
Today's formal unveiling of the Motorola Droid smartphone on Verizon's network was an anticlimax, given most of the details had been leaked days earlier. Nevertheless, it's the boldest, most open iPhone challenge yet.
Feeling hungry? Try a taste of Eclair, Google's brand new Android operating system.
After weeks of ads teasing us with glimpses of a handset that could do what iPhones don't Verizon Wireless finally unveiled the Droid by Motorola. This is an impressive phone that flexes its raw data and graphics processing muscle as much as its does...
Several devices, from the BlackBerry Storm to the Palm Pre, have hit the market hoping to be an iPhone killer, but none of them have so far succeeded. And while it's unlikely the new Motorola Droid will knock the iPhone off its perch as the top consu...
Buying a smartphone is daunting enough even before you consider what operating system it will run. From touch screens to QWERTY keyboards, candy-bars to sliders, e-mail to multimedia, choosing a smartphone has never been more confusing because of the...
In the past few days many of T-Mobile's myTouch 3G and G1 handset customers were sent a serving of Donut, the newest version of Google's Android operating system for mobile phones. While a glance at the home screen of Android 1.6 doesn't reflect much...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Surprise! The Oppo PM-2 planar magnetic headphones are some of the best you can buy
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW