So far 2010 seems to be the year of Google Android. HTC has already flown the flag with its impressive flagship Desire smartphone, but Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 has also generated plenty of positive buzz.
Google's much-hyped Android operating system for mobile phones is clearly making a statement in 2010 -- headed by HTC's flagship Desire smartphone. The first Android smartphone available through Telstra, the HTC Desire is the best Android handset yet...
Observing Android is kind of like watching a child's early years: We've seen it since the beginning; we've always known it's been on the brink of a massive growth spurt. But that hasn't made it any less impressive to see how quickly it's matured.
So you told your boss that you bought your Android smartphone so that you could track your business calls, be more effective when traveling for your company, have easy access to Gmail and keep your organization's Twitter feed current. But we know wha...
Android, it seems, may be metaphorically stuck in a treehouse with a "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" sign nailed to the door.
New statistics from comScore show that Apple and Google are both gaining ground in the battle for smartphone market share in the United States.
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Google officially launched its Android 2.1 software development kit (SDK) this week, giving programmers their first glimpse under the hood of the updated operating system.
The Nexus may be facing a mess(us).
The upcoming LG Electronics GW990 smartphone looks, and feels, like it could be a real hit when it finally gets to the market in the second half of the year.
The Nexus One smartphone might be a fun phone for consumers, but Google is aiming for the business-minded customer with its handset, says Google's Andy Rubin.
The new Nexus One Googlephone may be just the tip of the iceberg. While most of the coverage has focused on how the phone compares to the iPhone and other Android devices, the real importance of Google's entry into the handset game may not be apparen...
It appears Android-equipped devices are enjoying a coming-out party at this week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Major hardware manufacturers, including Dell, HTC, MIPS Technologies, and Motorola, have announced plans to launch consumer pro...
Smartphone fans, prepare the ring: Some new research released this week is sure to send the Android-iPhone rivalry into overdrive.
Google's special event on Tuesday morning, when the company is expected to launch a Google-branded superphone, the Nexus One.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCCapacity PlannerACT