Google's initial success with its Android mobile operating system will continue-and in a very big way. That's according to research firm Strategy Analytics, which predicts that global shipments of Android-based smart phones will grow a stunning 900 p...
The evolution of mini-laptops
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled its second Google Android-based smartphone, the HTC Magic
Following the Australian launch of the Android-based HTC Dream mobile phone, we were lucky enough to get our hands on a review unit of this long-awaited device this morning.
The iPhone started it, but everyone and his brother now seem to have a fancy smartphone on offer. If it's time to join the "mobile 2.0" generation, we can help you make the right choice. We've reviewed the new generation of mobile devices and sussed ...
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Step through the following slides for the highlights.
Now that we early reviewers are free to talk about the T-Mobile G1, you should expect to see G1 referred to as the "iPhone killer." G1 is a killer, all right, but imitating iPhone was the farthest thing from the minds of the Google and open source de...
At first glance, the T-Mobile G1 (US$179) doesn't seem to merit much attention. It looks like just another bland, HTC-manufactured phone. But use the G1--the first phone to run Google's Android operating system -- for 5 minutes, and you'll start to s...
How the two 3G smartphones stack up against each other
A first look at T-Mobile's G1 Android phone.
Late last year, Google announced that it would give US$10 million worth in prizes to software development companies to develop innovative and useful applications for their open source mobile Android platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT