Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet, with pre-orders for the device opening today at 4pm on both 12 and 24 month contract plans.
Optus has today announced the launch of two new Android tablets, both which will be sold on 24 month contract plans with no upfront cost.
Sony's 10.1in Android tablet -- simply called the Tablet S -- will go on sale in Australia tomorrow starting at $579, the company announced today.
Samsung has postponed its media launch for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 next week, following a federal court decision that prevents the tablet from going on sale in Australia until a patent lawsuit with Apple is resolved.
Motorola seems to have made a mess of Google's latest Android software update on its Xoom tablet, after it released, then halted the Android 3.1 software update citing a 'system error'.
Motorola today announced the Australian availability of a Wi-Fi only version of its Xoom Android tablet, simply called the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi.
Motorola's Xoom Android tablet launched in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, but Telstra has today confirmed that a software update in July will activate the missing functionality.
ASUS has today announced local pricing details for its Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet, pricing it significantly higher in Australia than in the US.
ASUS will announce the Australian launch of its anticipated Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet at a media event in Sydney on 24 May.
In an event in Sydney today, Acer unveiled its iPad 2 competitor: the Iconia A500 Android tablet. It's set to hit Australian retailers in mid-April.
After rushing its tablet to market ahead of Apple's iPad 2 announcement, Motorola is updating its Xoom tablet's software with Flash support. Is it a coincidence it's on the same day Apple's iPad 2 goes on sale? I think not.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs said this morning at the unveiling of the iPad 2 that "we think 2011 is going to be the year of iPad 2." According to research firm Ovum, Jobs is underselling himself by a few years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT