Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
A former Goldman Sachs programmer saw his second criminal conviction dismissed on Monday in a long-fought, technically challenging legal battle that centered on 32MB of copied code.
Google has blocked access to a sensitive email that was sent by mistake to the Gmail account of an unknown person, according to Goldman Sachs, on whose behalf the email was sent. Now it wants Google to delete the email.
If you think Yahoo has given up on search, think again. The company may have handed its back-end search operations to Microsoft, but Marissa Mayer thinks there's work to be done on mobile devices, particularly around contextual search.
The last legacy systems to make the shift to software-defined networking may be network engineers' minds, but even those are changing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC