U.S. regulators are opening up spectrum that could allow for Wi-Fi services with speeds of one gigabit per second and faster.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should move forward with a plan to open up new 5GHz spectrum to Wi-Fi as consumer demand for wireless bandwidth skyrockets, a member of the commission said Friday.
Globalstar is hoping to open up the satellite telephony market to a wider audience with the introduction of its first pre-paid service.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Sony reveals DualShock 4 wireless adapter for PCs
- Exclusive no more: Sony's PlayStation Now is bringing hundreds of PS3 games to PCs
- AMD sweetens its 6- and 8-core FX chips with free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Twitter rolls out night mode in its iOS app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW