Some sectors in the electronics industry are showing signs of recovery, but the damage caused by the recession may be felt for a few years, Gartner said in a study released on Monday.
global financial crisis
The recession might be having at least one positive effect - it has started cutting the volume of malware.
Mobile phone shipments in the Philippines fell 20% sequentially in the fourth quarter of 2008 (4Q08) as the economic downturn continued to impact consumer spending adversely, according to IDC's Asia/Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, 4Q 2008.
The current uptick in electronics production may be a first sign of bottoming, but real end-user demand for electronic devices will not emerge until the final quarter of this year, Gartner said in a report Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA