After more than a year of holding steady, memory prices could fall this year as competition heats up between DRAM makers and excess inventory floods the market.
Gartner claims tablets will represent only 9.5 per cent of total worldwide sales of devices in 2014, with growth slowing from 55 per cent year-over-year (YoY) in 2013 to 11 per cent this year.
Worldwide semiconductor revenue will grow at a fast pace this year but will slow down in 2016 when the DRAM market hits its next bust cycle, according to Gartner.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and several other top executives today pulled the wraps off the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and showed the company's long-awaited wearable, dubbed the Apple Watch, to a large audience in Cupertino, California.
Server shipments and revenue grew for the first time since 2011 in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, a trend likely to continue in the second half of the year, according Gartner.
Apple fans may not be the only ones waiting for a new iPhone later this year -- semiconductor industry revenue will get a boost from it too, according to Gartner.
IT research firm Gartner has cut its forecast for global IT spending by about one-third for this year, blaming a tougher competitive environment and subsequent pressure on vendors to lower prices.
Most mobile applications will collect and analyze information about end users by 2015, a trend that raises both rewards and risks for enterprises, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Shipments of servers from Chinese vendors grew at a fast clip while the top server vendors in the U.S. tumbled during the first quarter of this year.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
Worldwide IT spending this year will rise 3.2 percent to US$3.8 trillion, driven by rebounding device sales and strong growth in the enterprise software category, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Mixed news for hardware and some disappointing software vendor financial reports this week appeared to put a dent in confidence in the IT sector.
Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Enterprises finally started opening their pocketbooks for external storage systems in the final quarter of last year, but economic uncertainty and the appeal of public cloud services continue to hold back the market, according to research company Gar...
Despite some shadows cast by Lenovo and Cisco earnings, IT stocks have had a strong week overall, with Nasdaq tech stocks reaching their highest point since the third quarter of 2000, during the dot-com bust.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
- 5 hidden iOS 10 features that are instant game changers
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT