IT research firm Gartner has cut its forecast for global IT spending by about one-third for this year, blaming a tougher competitive environment and subsequent pressure on vendors to lower prices.
Most mobile applications will collect and analyze information about end users by 2015, a trend that raises both rewards and risks for enterprises, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Shipments of servers from Chinese vendors grew at a fast clip while the top server vendors in the U.S. tumbled during the first quarter of this year.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
Worldwide IT spending this year will rise 3.2 percent to US$3.8 trillion, driven by rebounding device sales and strong growth in the enterprise software category, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Mixed news for hardware and some disappointing software vendor financial reports this week appeared to put a dent in confidence in the IT sector.
Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Enterprises finally started opening their pocketbooks for external storage systems in the final quarter of last year, but economic uncertainty and the appeal of public cloud services continue to hold back the market, according to research company Gar...
Despite some shadows cast by Lenovo and Cisco earnings, IT stocks have had a strong week overall, with Nasdaq tech stocks reaching their highest point since the third quarter of 2000, during the dot-com bust.
The highly customized ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems in place at companies around the world are looking a bit long in the tooth, to the point where by 2016 it will be common practice to refer to them as "legacy" software, according to ana...
By 2017, the typical mobile user will share their personalized data stream with 100 applications and services every day, with wearable devices and Internet-connected appliances fueling the use trend, according to Gartner.
Mobile developers hoping to cash in on a blockbuster app have bad news from researcher Gartner: More competition and higher demands from users will make it even more difficult for developers to make money from smartphone and tablet applications.
After a year in which tech stocks boomed but overall IT spending barely eked out single-digit growth, market forecasters are adopting an air of cautious optimism for 2014.
Global spending on IT and telecom products and services will grow 3.1 percent between 2013 and 2014, compared to just 0.4 percent a year earlier, with enterprise software spending driving much of the growth, according to Gartner projections.
BI (business intelligence) and analytics will remain a top investment priority for CIOs, but by 2015 BI vendors will make ad-hoc data discovery, rather than report generation, the prime focus of their product development efforts, according to a new G...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW