The PC industry performed better than expected as worldwide PC shipments totaled 80.9 million units in the third quarter of 2009, a 0.5 percent increase from the third quarter of 2008, according to preliminary results by Gartner. Gartner had expected...
Apple and Mac clone maker Psystar traded barbs last week in federal court as they simultaneously asked a judge to end the case that began more than 15 months ago.
Some sectors in the electronics industry are showing signs of recovery, but the damage caused by the recession may be felt for a few years, Gartner said in a study released on Monday.
Windows Mobile is not dead and, in fact, its use on smartphones will nearly triple by 2013, according to analyst firm iSuppli Corp.
One in four business process outsourcers will not exist as independent organisations within three years, according to analyst group Gartner.
Research firm Gartner is projecting that 20% of households worldwide will be connected to the Internet through a broadband connection by year-end.
Businesses should plan a thorough data loss prevention strategy before talking to suppliers, Gartner has advised.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
Oracle's pending acquisition has put Sun Microsystems Inc. into a limbo that appears to be devouring its server business.
Gartner raised its revenue forecast for the global chip industry on Wednesday, saying stronger than expected demand for PCs, LCD TVs, mobile phones and other devices in the second quarter boosted demand for chips.
A new report by Gartner showing that software spending will increase worldwide next year indicates there may be truth to the general belief that the technology market has hit bottom.
Apple's Mac sales are up. Unless they're down, say analysts.
Businesses in Britain are "underwhelmed" with software as a service, according to Gartner.
Microsoft's limit on the number of computers eligible for free Windows 7 upgrades is "artificial" and "silly," an analyst said today, and may create just the situation the company hoped to avoid: stalled PC sales.
The PC market is showing signs of recovery, with the freefall of PC shipments skidding to a halt thanks to competitive PC prices and a continued interest in netbooks, Gartner said on Thursday
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Enterprise SystemsNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW