Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
Microsoft today launched Office for Mac 2011, the newest version of its application suite designed for Mac OS X.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
ORLANDO -- The increasing ubiquity of Apple's iPad is evident in airports and technology conferences, especially. The tablet's use is so widespread that an army of hands was raised when Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff asked on stage at a Gartner conf...
Being a CIO -- or working for one -- no longer means just keeping a data center and network running. Now the CIO and the IT division must become "entrepreneurial" to drum up new customers for the business and learn how to deploy cutting-edge technolo...
Juniper posted third quarter results light on revenue but with earnings in line with Wall Street estimates.
Worldwide enterprise IT spending will rise from $2.38 trillion this year to $2.46 trillion in 2011, a 3.1 per cent increase, the research firm Gartner said Monday.
ORLANDO - Gartner Inc. analysts Monday warned that the tech industry is caught in a "vortex of insatiable mergers and acquisitions" that is creating a category of "super vendors" selling highly integrated offerings.
Gartner estimates worldwide sales of iPads and other tablets will total 19.5 million units this year and nearly triple that number next year as the devices win over both consumers and business customers.
Apple jumped into the third spot in U.S. sales for the third quarter, in part because of the "halo" effect from its iPad tablet, industry research firm IDC said today.
Organisations around the world are now more willing to invest in IT, according to a survey by Gartner. But those in the Asia Pacific region are a little bit more bullish, with more than 72 per cent of respondents saying they will invest 10 per cent m...
The economy isn't the only thing that goes through cycles. Hype, believe it or not, is cyclical, too, according to the analysts at Gartner, who today released their 2010 Hype Cycle report. Technologies closing in on the "Peak of Inflated Expectations...
Google's Gmail has captured less than one per cent of the enterprise e-mail market, according to Gartner. Despite a few high-profile deployments, most Google Apps customers have only around 50 users, making the overall number of business users relati...
Nokia's market share in India dropped to 36 percent in the second quarter from 56 percent in the same period last year, reflecting the growing share of Chinese and Indian vendors of low-end mobile phones, according to research firm IDC India.
Planning a purchase from a major IT vendor? In this still-tough economy, negotiating pros recommend being aggressive and creative, as well as analyzing your requirements first so that you don't buy more than you need and know where you can compromise...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT