BARCELONA -- Microsoft won't be buying Nokia any time soon despite the despite a sweeping Windows Phone agreement announced by the vendors last week, Nokia CEO Stephen Elop told reporters Sunday.
As with buying insurance or taking vitamins, committing to data backup is a hard sell. Everyone knows that storing records safely in more than one place protects the health of a business, but many companies fail to establish backup systems that will ...
Vendors of proprietary software are fond of warning potential customers thatopen source software isn't ready for business, typically citing subpar features or a higher total cost of ownership (TCO).
Mobile number portability has not taken off in India, with only about 1.7 million users applying for change of operator in the 15 days since the program was introduced, according to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
Facing consumers with an appetite for cloud storage that has increased 50 per cent over the past year, the world's largest consumer online storage provider said on Monday that it will no longer offer unlimited storage and will increase fees for the l...
One year after Microsoft introduced Windows Azure, the platform-as-a-service market is only about 1/20 the size of the rival infrastructure-as-a-service market led by Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, and about 1/50 the size of the software-as-a-servic...
Apple could cause some serious disruption in the mobile payments space if it enters the field as reported, say analysts.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Buying public cloud services passwords as demonstrated this week at the Black Hat D.C. conference is not the only malicious use these computational and storage resources might offer, according to one security expert.
Apple yesterday made its strongest statement yet that soaring iPad sales are affecting the laptop market, saying that the problem should concern its rivals.
Intel and SAP results and various forecasts issued this week suggest that while 2010 was a recovery year for just about all sectors of IT, enterprise software and accompanying services will be the main drivers for technology revenue growth over the n...
Doom-and-gloom PC prophecies tend to blame the iPad for laptop declines, but IDC and Gartner aren't sounding the alarms just yet.
Gartner's Magic Quadrant report has placed Amazon's cloud computing service in one of its lower tiers, saying that for all of Amazon's commercial success it is "visionary" but "unproven."
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
In 2010, worldwide IT spending totalled US US$3.4 trillion and this year spending will be US$3.6 trillion, according to a Gartner report titled 'Forecast Alert: IT Spending, Worldwide, 4Q10 Update'.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia