Apple could cause some serious disruption in the mobile payments space if it enters the field as reported, say analysts.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Buying public cloud services passwords as demonstrated this week at the Black Hat D.C. conference is not the only malicious use these computational and storage resources might offer, according to one security expert.
Apple yesterday made its strongest statement yet that soaring iPad sales are affecting the laptop market, saying that the problem should concern its rivals.
Intel and SAP results and various forecasts issued this week suggest that while 2010 was a recovery year for just about all sectors of IT, enterprise software and accompanying services will be the main drivers for technology revenue growth over the n...
Doom-and-gloom PC prophecies tend to blame the iPad for laptop declines, but IDC and Gartner aren't sounding the alarms just yet.
Gartner's Magic Quadrant report has placed Amazon's cloud computing service in one of its lower tiers, saying that for all of Amazon's commercial success it is "visionary" but "unproven."
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
In 2010, worldwide IT spending totalled US US$3.4 trillion and this year spending will be US$3.6 trillion, according to a Gartner report titled 'Forecast Alert: IT Spending, Worldwide, 4Q10 Update'.
If mockups on the floor of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week are to be trusted, then the second iteration of Apple's iPad tablet will have 128GB of capacity on its solid-state drive (SSD).
Despite ongoing worries about the strength of the U.S. recovery, sovereign debt in Europe and inflation in various parts of the world, global IT spending is due to increase this year, according to Forrester Research and Gartner.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
WikiLeaks' posting of classified U.S. Department of State cables, and the Web site's revelation that it will soon post sensitive internal documents from a major U.S. bank, has stoked data security concerns among governments and corporations around th...
By the end of this year, companies will have spent 15 percent more on enterprise social software than in 2009, a growth rate expected to carry over into next year, according to Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW