More price cuts are expected this year because of fierce competition between Cloud and on-site software providers, and enterprises will be the beneficiaries.
The increased adoption of mobile, social and cloud computing is driving growth in security spending among organizations that are also becoming more aware of threats on all those fronts.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
Despite the hype surrounding smartwatches, they won't be featured on many holiday wish lists this year. They are still too expensive and not useful enough to compete with tablets and fitness bands, according to market research company Gartner.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
Smartphone and tablet buyers snapped up Android products five times more often than they chose Apple iOS devices during the third quarter, according to a new study from Gartner Research.
Enterprises will not be moving quickly to adopt Windows 8, and most will skip next year, according to market research firm Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW