The Oculus Rift arrives as a locked-down platform, but you can easily open it back up if you want to play SteamVR games or VR apps from unknown sources—provided you can click a button in the settings menu.
The EVGA SC17 puts high-end 4K gaming in a slick package, but is missing just one thing.
Killer Instinct hits Windows 10 with cross-platform purchases, saves, and multiplayer.
The developer of Young Conker and Fragments, two of the first HoloLens games, describes what gaming will be like with the augmented-reality peripheral—including the caveats.
PC support for PlayStation VR is a “possibility” given the two platforms’ shared components, a Sony exec says.
Plus: Blizzard releases the first supplementary short film for Overwatch, Verdun adds American Doughboys, and Walking Dead Season Three is teased. This is gaming news for March 21-25.
US company Mannatech may have rocked the gaming world with quasi-scientific claims that its products “may have a positive, direct effect on player performance, which can be a big advantage for competitive e-sports players or those just trying to take...
The Australian appetite for gaming has pushed local sales to almost $3 billion in 2015.
ASUS has released the world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop, under its gaming division Republic of Gamers (ROG).
Plugging high-end gaming desktop hardware into a laptop may be a crazy idea, but CybertronPC has pulled it off.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
The updated laptops will feature NVMe RAID and up to 3.3GBps read speeds.
Plus: The Witcher 3 sells 6 million copies and Just Cause 3 wants to give you a real-life island. This is all the gaming news you need to know for the week of August 24, 2015.
It's maze madness all over again, only with a fresh look and feel.
After the feature leaked a few days ago, Microsoft officially turns it on for everyone as part of the August update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD