MSI’s latest gaming notebook fits a fast and more-affordable sweet spot
The best portable gaming laptop we've seen
The best gaming notebook?
Portable, top-end PC gaming thanks to the 1070
Dell’s massive Alienware 18 is more ‘portable desktop’ than laptop, but can it justify its massive price?
gaming notebooks in pictures
MSI displayed the capabilities of their latest range of VR gear at a packed out PAX in Melbourne this year. The VR One backpack and head set and their 4K performance laptops provide a fantastically immersive gaming experience. Check out how some of the products are put to the test at their booth.
Tired of making too many resolution and quality sacrifices in your portable "gaming" laptop? With its GeForce GTX 1060, the MSI Stealth will change your view of a gaming laptop.
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
Asus has released two new notebooks powered by Intel’s Core i7 processor. The G60J and M60J models both feature a 16-inch high definition display
If you don’t like the overbearing style and blistering red colour of the 17in Toshiba Qosmio X300/01N, then it’s probably not for you. If you don’t have a spare $6000, then it’s definitely not for you!
Videos about gaming notebooks
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW