From designing educational software to becoming synonymous with hardcore video game violence, we explore the anarchic history of Running with Scissors with CEO and cofounder Vince Desi.
Cube 2: Sauerbraten (free) is an engine/editor for designing and playing first person shooter games, primarily aimed at multiplayer LAN games. It is an entirely open source/freeware project, actively supported and developed, and supports a good set o...
Don't waste time with games you've never heard of, make sure you make your first purchases count. The following 12 games are all classics, and represent something for everyone.
Expected since E3, if slightly hazy in terms of specifics, Sony's PlayStation Plus subscriber service is now available for gamers willing to part with US$50 a year. All you need is the latest 3.40 firmware update, a credit card number, and a bit of d...
When Microsoft announced Project Natal to the world, certain members of the GamePro team were worried. Was the company "doing a Nintendo" and kiddifying its console beyond all recognition?
About four years ago, game designers Keith Burgun and Blake Reynolds got together and formed a small development team they called Dinofarm Games, which Burgun now claims "only works in dead genres."
There were a huge number of excellent titles at this year's E3 Expo. Rather than overwhelm you with huge lists broken down by category, we decided to instead reward a short list of products that we felt were truly outstanding.
Sony's PlayStation Move motion-tracking "wands" may lack a killer app, but they don't miss a gesture.
After putting Microsoft's Kinect motion-sensing camera for the Xbox 360 through its paces, I've come away a true believer--that it isn't for me, it's for my wife.
The 3D consumer electronics trend reached a boiling point today when Nintendo announced the portable 3DS gaming device, a no-glasses 3D system promising simplicity and elegance for gamers seeking a 3D experience. After getting a hands on with the ne...
Microsoft took the wraps off Kinect (nee Project Natal) at E3 2010, promising an experience that will "bring living rooms to life in a social and accessible way."
The unusual mash-up of anime and Disney in Square Enix's action role-playing title, Kingdom Hearts, has been acclaimed since its initial PS2 release. Following a string of successful sequels, the series is now coming to the PlayStation Portable in pr...
The girl gamer is a rare breed. Like a ninja or a flying unicorn, she remains perpetually shrouded in myth and/or shadow.
Star Wars is the most prolific franchise in gaming history. Its games -- 88 if you include each expansion and arcade game -- appear on every console and home computer and reach into every genre, from arcade shooter to strategy games.
From jumper cards to hard disks, these are the cards, cartridges, and drives that have shaped the world of gaming.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
- This week in games: Diablo 4 whispers, Civilization VI launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW