The 3D consumer electronics trend reached a boiling point today when Nintendo announced the portable 3DS gaming device, a no-glasses 3D system promising simplicity and elegance for gamers seeking a 3D experience. After getting a hands on with the ne...
Microsoft took the wraps off Kinect (nee Project Natal) at E3 2010, promising an experience that will "bring living rooms to life in a social and accessible way."
The unusual mash-up of anime and Disney in Square Enix's action role-playing title, Kingdom Hearts, has been acclaimed since its initial PS2 release. Following a string of successful sequels, the series is now coming to the PlayStation Portable in pr...
The girl gamer is a rare breed. Like a ninja or a flying unicorn, she remains perpetually shrouded in myth and/or shadow.
Star Wars is the most prolific franchise in gaming history. Its games -- 88 if you include each expansion and arcade game -- appear on every console and home computer and reach into every genre, from arcade shooter to strategy games.
From jumper cards to hard disks, these are the cards, cartridges, and drives that have shaped the world of gaming.
Soccer -- or 'kickey', to give it its proper name -- is generally considered to be the most popular sport in the world. They’re completely bananas for football in Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, and pretty much anywhere there are people with leg...
At the Wednesday night launch of UFC Undisputed 2010 in Martin Place Bar, Sydney, guests were treated to cocktails and eye candy as promo girls floated around the venue. PlayStation 3s were set up so attendees could get a first-hand experience of the...
It looks like Zynga, the casual online games developer known for its wildly popular farm simulations, ticking off Facebook, and alleged "lead generation" scams just added another lifeline to its list of audience-expanding deals by cozying up to Yahoo...
The producer, star, and screenwriter of Disney's new Prince of Persia movie -- which opens nationwide in US theaters this Friday -- discuss bringing the beloved video game franchise to the big screen.
In honor of Towel Day, and the Glorious 25th of May, here are ten of our most favorite hacks featured in Geek Tech in the last five months, running the gambit from phone, car, and CPU mods. Read on for some great moments in geek!
Mount & Blade is definitely not the prettiest game out there. But if we were to judge titles on aesthetics alone, Avatar: The Game would have been the best thing since sliced bread.
Fan-made films based on popular video games have become an interesting phenomena over the years. Just what drives these people to shed their blood, sweat and tears on something they can’t possibly hope to profit from?
In recognition of Earth Day, which is later this month, we take an investigative look into the environmental impact of video games at all states of their development cycle. In this report, we look to several experts on the matter including Greenpeace...
We take a look at one of the least glamorous, but absolutely integral, jobs in the world of sports video game development. Meet the 'roster men,' the folks who process and maintain an immense amount of sports data and statistics to ensure the abiliti...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW