One week ago, Blizzard announced plans to change its forums, requiring users to post under their real names using as system called Real ID. Six solid days of backlash from its community and mass media attention later, Blizzard backed off on Real ID.
It's smaller, shinier, and back in black: Microsoft's new Xbox 360 took many by surprise at last month's E3.
Popular social games like Farmville, Mafia Wars and Fishville may soon be available to Google users, if recent rumors turn out to be accurate. Google has reportedly invested between US$100 and $200 million in the social gaming company Zynga, and the...
A comprehensive look at Rockstar Games' enormously influential open-world video game franchise, Grand Theft Auto, and how elements from each of the GTA games ultimately helped shape what you experience in Rockstar's latest effort, Red Dead Redemption...
The streets of San Paro are running red with the blood of the just and the guilty alike, and we've assigned reviewer Kyle Horner to the middle of the madness to bring us his impressions of Realtime Worlds' ambitious open-world MMO.
PiMP.tv is one of the gaming community's best kept secrets. You won't see it appear on the news aggregator site N4G.com, and it rarely gets mentioned on video game forums either. And yet, despite its relative anonymity, PiMP.tv's 'daily dose' of girl...
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days continues the gritty adventures of Adam 'Kane' Marcus and James Seth Lynch; two hardened criminals looking to make one final big score.
Video games publisher GamersFirst has pledged to protect gamer identities in the wake of Blizzard Entertainment banning anonymous users from message boards. The company added that this could be "the beginning of the end" for World of Warcraft’s (WoW)...
From designing educational software to becoming synonymous with hardcore video game violence, we explore the anarchic history of Running with Scissors with CEO and cofounder Vince Desi.
Cube 2: Sauerbraten (free) is an engine/editor for designing and playing first person shooter games, primarily aimed at multiplayer LAN games. It is an entirely open source/freeware project, actively supported and developed, and supports a good set o...
Don't waste time with games you've never heard of, make sure you make your first purchases count. The following 12 games are all classics, and represent something for everyone.
Expected since E3, if slightly hazy in terms of specifics, Sony's PlayStation Plus subscriber service is now available for gamers willing to part with US$50 a year. All you need is the latest 3.40 firmware update, a credit card number, and a bit of d...
When Microsoft announced Project Natal to the world, certain members of the GamePro team were worried. Was the company "doing a Nintendo" and kiddifying its console beyond all recognition?
About four years ago, game designers Keith Burgun and Blake Reynolds got together and formed a small development team they called Dinofarm Games, which Burgun now claims "only works in dead genres."
There were a huge number of excellent titles at this year's E3 Expo. Rather than overwhelm you with huge lists broken down by category, we decided to instead reward a short list of products that we felt were truly outstanding.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD