A friend once told me girl gamers are like unicorns: creatures that are mythical but nonetheless highly coveted by man. While I found it highly offensive to be compared to a glorified horse that doesn’t even exist, I was stumped for a comeback when h...
This year, Sony and Microsoft are set to release two new control schemes for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 -- the PlayStation Move and Kinect for Xbox 360, respectively.
The video games industry is about to receive its biggest technological shake-up since it switched from monochrome to colour.
Just about a year ago, we wrote that Starcraft 2 had been a long time coming and that we were looking forward to getting our hands on a copy. That time has arrived: we've spent the last few days feverishly playing the single player campaign and multi...
As you've no doubt heard by now, brawling maestros Capcom and Namco are teaming up with two new fighting titles: Street Fighter vs. Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter. If you're anything like us, you've probably dreamed up an assortment of fan-plea...
There's no doubt that StarCraft II's release has been breathlessly awaited; twelve years have passed since the original was released to much acclaim and fanfare and a lot has happened in that time. That's why we thought it would be interesting to tra...
Multiplayer is now the standard. Some of you may be very happy to admit this; some of you would do so begrudgingly. Whether you like it or not, multiplayer's not only here to stay, but it's everywhere. Inherently, this isn't a problem until you reali...
There was once an arcade parlour right next to my local cafe. My mother used to drag me to the cafe where she would confabulate with her girlfriends about mortgages, selective schools and all the things a child would not care about.
Fans of Fallout 3 can rest easy: you will almost certainly love Fallout: New Vegas. At E3 2010, I seized the opportunity to try out Fallout: New Vegas, but not without some trepidation.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow ...
One week ago, Blizzard announced plans to change its forums, requiring users to post under their real names using as system called Real ID. Six solid days of backlash from its community and mass media attention later, Blizzard backed off on Real ID.
It's smaller, shinier, and back in black: Microsoft's new Xbox 360 took many by surprise at last month's E3.
Popular social games like Farmville, Mafia Wars and Fishville may soon be available to Google users, if recent rumors turn out to be accurate. Google has reportedly invested between US$100 and $200 million in the social gaming company Zynga, and the...
A comprehensive look at Rockstar Games' enormously influential open-world video game franchise, Grand Theft Auto, and how elements from each of the GTA games ultimately helped shape what you experience in Rockstar's latest effort, Red Dead Redemption...
The streets of San Paro are running red with the blood of the just and the guilty alike, and we've assigned reviewer Kyle Horner to the middle of the madness to bring us his impressions of Realtime Worlds' ambitious open-world MMO.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW