Choosing this generation's best game (thus far) is a difficult undertaking -- which is why we handed the task over to you, our readers. A few months ago, we asked you to vote for your favourite game of this generation in an online poll. To find out w...
From World of Warcraft nerdlingers to rampant games piracy, we list ten reasons to hate PC gamers.
It's the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Commander Keen game. We thought about sending some fine china to Apogee and id Software, but decided that a tribute slideshow would probably be a better idea.
Here's something that doesn't happen every day. A game millions of players have been enjoying over the last six years has been wiped off the face of the map. It cannot be played any more. At least, not in its original form.
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
Rumors suggest that Intel's forthcoming Sandy Bridge integrated CPU/graphics platform will find its way into the lower-end range of the next generation of MacBooks. Bearing in mind Apple's cozy relationship with Intel and its habit of adopting each n...
Kinect hacking is taking off at blinding speed. Microsoft's Kinect motion controller for XBox 360 is less than a month old, and it's been barely two weeks since Adafruit announced a winner in their Open Kinect competition. Since then, Microsoft has t...
By the time you read this, Kinect for Xbox 360 will finally be hitting stores nationwide; some two weeks after its launch in America and Europe.
The iPad has been described as a revolutionary device, and it offers a world of possibilities when it comes to games.
For all the launch fanfare, it sounds like Call of Duty Black Ops may be suffering from Fallout New Vegas syndrome. Scan the PC version's official forums on Steam and instead of euphoric posts about the game's ballistic brilliance, you're confronted ...
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a pro...
Even if you've never heard of the band Freezepop, there's a good chance you've jammed along to some of their tunes before — the Boston-based synthpop quartet has pumped out tracks for nearly every music/rhythm game going.
The rhythm genre exploded onto the scene in a big way with the release of RedOctane's Guitar Hero and Harmonix's Rock Band,
Sometimes we can't play everything. And sometimes we're too focused on Madden NFL this or Mass Effect that, missing more-intrepid games. What's a consumer to do?
Thank God Steve Jobs isn't on the Supreme Court.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA