Selling more than 52 million copies, The Legend of Zelda is one of the most popular and prolific video game series ever produced.
Collect3 is one of the Australian iPhone developers that has found success on the App Store, but it isn't the only one. Victoria-based Firemint is the developer behind the extremely popular FlightControl game for the iPhone. GoodGearGuide.com.au spok...
From BioShock to World of Warcraft, see what games lead our list of ground-breaking titles that rocked the gaming world to its core.
What came first, the motion controller or the Nintendo Wii? That is the age-old question. According to Shigeru Miyamoto, it was the latter that laid gaming's golden egg, and not the other way around.
Leave it to Sony to prove that sometimes the best really does come last. Striding onstage only to be dwarfed by a titanic 40-by-80-foot screen, Sony President Jack Tretton wasted no time kidding about preshow press leaks. "We consider ourselves to be...
Microsoft's E3 2009 press conference is all-systems-go, so what did Redmond, Washington have up its sleeve? Some pretty amazing stuff, actually. Metal Gear Solid for the Xbox 360? Full-body motion controls that look more responsive, accurate, and ope...
Wolverine vs. Wolverine: Here are five reasons why the video game version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is better than the movie.
As Charles Stross puts it, since he writes science fiction, for some reason people think he can predict the future.
Over the past 24 hours, Aussie and European gamers have been reeling from the news that Ghostbusters: The Videogame will be a PlayStation exclusive in PAL territories.
We reveal eight crucial tips to getting the most out of your PSP!
Star Wars and homosexuality, two words you don't often find in the same sentence. Turns out Bioware may have decided they're so uncommon as to be anathema to their upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic, a Windows-based MMO due out sometime next year.
Sayonara Six Days in Fallujah, said video game publisher Konami earlier Tuesday, after former soldiers and activist groups tightened the rhetorical thumbscrews to the point the Japan-based company finally cried "Uncle." Konami had been set to publish...
Nintendo is running away with the lead in this console generation, but if you ask hardcore gamers, they'll paint a very different picture.
Don't 'dive in' until you've read this list of crucial Xbox 360 tips.
The Wii is deceptively simple. Inside of that cheery white box lie many important features -- here's how to tap into them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW