Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautif...
Here are some of the most unique (read: weird and useless) inventions of this year…
PC World headed on over to Japan for CEATEC. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the cool and odd things we got to see and try. Expect robots. Of all sizes and persuasions!
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating inse...
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing ...
Fitbit has released a new range of fitness trackers that also incorporate smartwatch features. There are three models, and each one offers a different set of features depending on your fitness goals. Find out which one is right for you.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear hints and teases at what a great smartwatch could be, but never really nails any single function. It's packed with potential, and even includes support for third-party apps. But it's a challenge to use at nearly every turn, an...
We go hands-on with the Misfit Shine, an elegant looking physical activity monitor for iOS devices.
If you want to get into 3D printing, there are tons of options out there for you to choose from. Unfortunately, most of the inexpensive 3D printers require you to assemble them yourself, a tedious and often frustrating task. Fully assembled printers ...
A few weeks ago, we were absolutely excited over the over the prospect of the ProDesk3D, a full-color 3D printer in the works from a New York-based startup named botObjects. Unlike every 3D printer that we've seen so far, the ProDesk3D color palate i...
If you want a wristband tracker, the Fitbit Flex is the one to get right now. I'll likely still go back to the Zip, because the replaceable battery really works for me. But if you prefer the harder-to-lose wristband approach to social step tracking, ...
Marvel's latest superhero opus, Iron Man 3, opened this past weekend. I liked it, and thought its first 90 minutes were better than its climax, but because this is a tech site, I'll keep my movie criticism to a minimum. Instead, here's a list of some...
We unbox Casio's G-Shock Bluetooth watch, the GB-6900AB. This smart watch may look like a classic G-Shock model, but it connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth to notify you of incoming calls, emails and messages.
It's sometimes said that a journalist is a drinker with a writing problem, and it's true that -- from time to time, and strictly in moderation -- we enjoy the odd beverage. We decided to bring together both our professional and recreational lives, ro...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD Ryzen benchmark preview: Ryzen 7 outperforms Intel's best
- AMD's Ryzen launches March 2, outperforming Intel's Core i7 at a fraction of the price
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW