Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautif...
Here are some of the most unique (read: weird and useless) inventions of this year…
PC World headed on over to Japan for CEATEC. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the cool and odd things we got to see and try. Expect robots. Of all sizes and persuasions!
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating inse...
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing ...
Fitbit has released a new range of fitness trackers that also incorporate smartwatch features. There are three models, and each one offers a different set of features depending on your fitness goals. Find out which one is right for you.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear hints and teases at what a great smartwatch could be, but never really nails any single function. It's packed with potential, and even includes support for third-party apps. But it's a challenge to use at nearly every turn, an...
We go hands-on with the Misfit Shine, an elegant looking physical activity monitor for iOS devices.
If you want to get into 3D printing, there are tons of options out there for you to choose from. Unfortunately, most of the inexpensive 3D printers require you to assemble them yourself, a tedious and often frustrating task. Fully assembled printers ...
A few weeks ago, we were absolutely excited over the over the prospect of the ProDesk3D, a full-color 3D printer in the works from a New York-based startup named botObjects. Unlike every 3D printer that we've seen so far, the ProDesk3D color palate i...
If you want a wristband tracker, the Fitbit Flex is the one to get right now. I'll likely still go back to the Zip, because the replaceable battery really works for me. But if you prefer the harder-to-lose wristband approach to social step tracking, ...
Marvel's latest superhero opus, Iron Man 3, opened this past weekend. I liked it, and thought its first 90 minutes were better than its climax, but because this is a tech site, I'll keep my movie criticism to a minimum. Instead, here's a list of some...
We unbox Casio's G-Shock Bluetooth watch, the GB-6900AB. This smart watch may look like a classic G-Shock model, but it connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth to notify you of incoming calls, emails and messages.
It's sometimes said that a journalist is a drinker with a writing problem, and it's true that -- from time to time, and strictly in moderation -- we enjoy the odd beverage. We decided to bring together both our professional and recreational lives, ro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD