The Moto G has long been the go-to phone for people on a budget. Is it still?
Making flagships redundant for the low price of $269
The only 4G smartphone in its $279 price range worth buying
Sony’s attempt at making its premium technologies available to the masses.
The budget smartphone that punches well above its weight
Kogan has launched its flagship Agora 4G Pro as the etailer increases its competitive in the budget end of the smartphone market.
Motorola has unveiled a new range of smartphones at a launch event held in chicago. A new Moto X will lead the range, while a new Moto G will succeed the most popular phone in the company’s illustrious history.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will take on Motorola with the launch of its budget Lumia 635, a quad-core smartphone running Windows Phone 8.1 and armed with 4G internet speeds.
Optus has signed yet another smartphone exclusively with the LG F70 following the carrier’s recent deal with HTC.
Google is readying “the biggest release of Android” in the company’s history. Elements of the new version were showcased overnight during Google’s I/O conference in San Francisco. Executives referred to the upcoming software as “the L series of Andro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW