Three of Japan's tech giants will work together to increase data transmission speeds over optical fiber, aiming for 400Gbps per channel by 2014.
Now, your dog can be in the cloud.
Fujitsu said Tuesday it will work with Whamcloud to develop new features for the open-source Lustre file system aimed at high-performance computing.
Japan's K Computer has retained its pole position on the Top500 list of fastest supercomputers and become the first machine on the list to achieve performance of more than 10 petaflops.
NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
NTT DoCoMo said Thursday it will offer two tablets on its high-speed LTE network, along with streaming video from Hulu's new Japan service.
The first smartphone based on the new "Mango" edition of Microsoft's Windows Phone platform was unveiled on Wednesday in Tokyo.
A new supercomputer from Japan whose performance passed the 8 petaflop milestone ended China's brief period atop the list of the world's fastest supercomputers.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
A Japanese computer has taken first place on the Top 500 supercomputer list, ending China's reign at the top after just six months. At 8.16 petaflops (quadrillion floating-point calculations per second), the K computer is more powerful than the next ...
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
The first tablets based on Intel's processor code-named Oak Trail started shipping late last week, with the initial models targeted at businesses.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Oracle logged a small milestone in its Sun acquisition during the first quarter, expanding sales of Sun's server hardware for the first time in three-and-a-half years, IDC reported Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW