Three of Japan's tech giants will work together to increase data transmission speeds over optical fiber, aiming for 400Gbps per channel by 2014.
Now, your dog can be in the cloud.
Fujitsu said Tuesday it will work with Whamcloud to develop new features for the open-source Lustre file system aimed at high-performance computing.
Japan's K Computer has retained its pole position on the Top500 list of fastest supercomputers and become the first machine on the list to achieve performance of more than 10 petaflops.
NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
NTT DoCoMo said Thursday it will offer two tablets on its high-speed LTE network, along with streaming video from Hulu's new Japan service.
The first smartphone based on the new "Mango" edition of Microsoft's Windows Phone platform was unveiled on Wednesday in Tokyo.
A new supercomputer from Japan whose performance passed the 8 petaflop milestone ended China's brief period atop the list of the world's fastest supercomputers.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
A Japanese computer has taken first place on the Top 500 supercomputer list, ending China's reign at the top after just six months. At 8.16 petaflops (quadrillion floating-point calculations per second), the K computer is more powerful than the next ...
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
The first tablets based on Intel's processor code-named Oak Trail started shipping late last week, with the initial models targeted at businesses.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Oracle logged a small milestone in its Sun acquisition during the first quarter, expanding sales of Sun's server hardware for the first time in three-and-a-half years, IDC reported Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW