Fujitsu is continuing its push into wearables for the workplace with a prototype Bluetooth ring that lets users "write" in the air so they can work hands-free.
LED lamps lighting merchandise may soon shine invisible data that your smartphone can pick up.
Fujitsu wants to promote Internet of Things (IoT) technologies by launching a cloud-based development platform.
Japan has chosen Fujitsu to help it regain the top spot in the global supercomputer race with an exascale machine, which at 1000 petaflops would be about 30 times faster than the leading supercomputer today.
NTT has successfully tested technology for optical Internet backbone connections that can transmit 400Gbps on a single wavelength.
Fujitsu is set to manufacture 8,500 contactless bank machines for Spain's CaixaBank, a move that may help move the technology to the mainstream.
The world's fastest computer is facing a challenge from Fujitsu, which is developing a new high-performance chip that could go into supercomputers up to three times faster.
Fujitsu has developed an approach to cluster supercomputers that reduces the number of network switches by 40 percent without sacrificing performance.
Fujitsu has developed a circuit that could double data rates between CPUs in servers and supercomputers
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Anticipating a storage crunch spurred by big data, IBM and Fujifilm are advancing the state of art in magnetic tape with a prototype capable of storing 85.9 billion bits of data per square inch.
You'd never guess it by the name, but Fujitsu's Next Generation User Interface Technology is designed to bridge the divide between digital and printed information.
You might think twice about buying produce from Japan's Fukushima, where a tsunami-hit nuclear power plant spewed radiation.
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
Reeling from the Heartbleed security fiasco, major IT vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Google and Cisco are backing a Linux Foundation initiative designed to boost open source projects considered critical to the industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCOpen_5pm_27/10_Project CoordinatorACT
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC