Fujitsu is continuing its push into wearables for the workplace with a prototype Bluetooth ring that lets users "write" in the air so they can work hands-free.
LED lamps lighting merchandise may soon shine invisible data that your smartphone can pick up.
Fujitsu wants to promote Internet of Things (IoT) technologies by launching a cloud-based development platform.
Japan has chosen Fujitsu to help it regain the top spot in the global supercomputer race with an exascale machine, which at 1000 petaflops would be about 30 times faster than the leading supercomputer today.
NTT has successfully tested technology for optical Internet backbone connections that can transmit 400Gbps on a single wavelength.
Fujitsu is set to manufacture 8,500 contactless bank machines for Spain's CaixaBank, a move that may help move the technology to the mainstream.
The world's fastest computer is facing a challenge from Fujitsu, which is developing a new high-performance chip that could go into supercomputers up to three times faster.
Fujitsu has developed an approach to cluster supercomputers that reduces the number of network switches by 40 percent without sacrificing performance.
Fujitsu has developed a circuit that could double data rates between CPUs in servers and supercomputers
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Anticipating a storage crunch spurred by big data, IBM and Fujifilm are advancing the state of art in magnetic tape with a prototype capable of storing 85.9 billion bits of data per square inch.
You'd never guess it by the name, but Fujitsu's Next Generation User Interface Technology is designed to bridge the divide between digital and printed information.
You might think twice about buying produce from Japan's Fukushima, where a tsunami-hit nuclear power plant spewed radiation.
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
Reeling from the Heartbleed security fiasco, major IT vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Google and Cisco are backing a Linux Foundation initiative designed to boost open source projects considered critical to the industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW