IBM and Fujifilm have figured out how to fit 220TB of data on a standard-size tape that fits in your hand, flexing the technology's strengths as a long-term storage medium.
Fujifilm today launched the X-M1, which is an interchangeable lens camera aimed mainly at the mainstream market. We got our hands on it in a brief demo at Fujifilm's head office, and we like what we saw.
Panasonic and Fujifilm say they have developed a new image sensor using organic materials that is far more sensitive than anything currently on the market.
Oracle's StorageTek division today announced its highest capacity and fastest tape drive to date -- the company says the T10000C stores up to 5TB of uncompressed data and offers throughput speeds of up to 70% faster than similar products today.
"Three-dimensional everything" is shaping up to be the big trend of 2010 (or at least its most-prominent bastion of hype), but Fujifilm had an early jump on the 3D craze.
If you've picked up a 3D camera from Fujifilm and are basking in the glory of its 3D display, what are you going to do with the 3D photos you've taken, aside from view them on your slick new 3D HDTV? Rather than order 3D photos from Fujifilm directl...
Fujifilm Recording Media U.S.A and IBM today announced they were able to demonstrate a new particulate that can be used to create magnetic tape cartridges that are 44 times more dense than today's Generation 4 LTO Ultrium's cartridges.
Japan's FujiFilm is planning to add a new dimension to photography this year: the third dimension.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD