The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should weigh in on net neutrality and encourage its sister agency, the Federal Communications Commission, to back away from calls to regulate broadband like a public utility, a group of 32 academics said.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has no public timeline for voting on proposed net neutrality rules, despite pressure from President Barack Obama and some net neutrality advocates.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
In the fractious debate over net neutrality, efforts to strike a compromise don't seem to be working. A proposal reportedly favored by a top U.S. regulator is drawing fire from groups on both sides of the issue, with 70 pro-net neutrality groups spea...
Protests are planned outside the White House in Washington, D.C., and at several locations across the U.S. on Thursday evening to object to leaks that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is considering a new "hybrid" proposal to break through ...
Verizon Communications seems to be softening its stance against net neutrality rules, suggesting it could live with a basic set of regulations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said Friday that it remains open to a range of options for new net neutrality rules, following a news report saying it is leaning toward a controversial approach that regulates one piece of broadband service...
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's deadline for the public to comment on the agency's proposed net neutrality rules passed Monday with more than 3 million comments filed, by far a record number for an FCC proceeding.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
U.S. residents lack meaningful choices for broadband providers that offer 25Mbps or faster download speeds, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission will push for more competition, the agency's chairman said Thursday.
More than 40 privacy, civil rights and religious groups have called on President Barack Obama's administration to provide a "full public accounting" of long-time email surveillance of prominent Muslims living in the U.S., following a news report deta...
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
All bits running over the Internet are not equal and should not be treated that way by broadband providers, despite net neutrality advocates' calls for traffic neutral regulations, Cisco Systems said.
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
- ZAGG Pocket Keyboard review: Little annoyances keep it out of contention
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD