The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules violate the free speech rights of broadband providers because the regulations take away their ability to block Web traffic they disagree with, one ISP has argued.
Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, has introduced legislation that would overturn the Federal Communications Commission's recent net neutrality rules.
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData AnalystVIC
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW