Apple has reportedly acquired database company FoundationDB, a move that would allow the company to improve the underpinnings of its existing services and also lay the groundwork for an Internet of Things (IoT) expansion.
Google wants to let you pay bills inside Gmail... Microsoft packages Azure for web, mobile... Dutch utility to try heating with servers... and more tech news.
When the anticipated tsunami of data from the Internet of Things hits the enterprise, FoundationDB's flagship NoSQL database should be ready to handle to deluge.
Database software vendor FoundationDB has acquired Akiban, another purveyor of database software, in a move to develop a hybrid data-store application capable of storing both SQL and non-SQL data.
In an effort to combine the best of two database technologies, startup FoundationDB has launched a new data store that it claims can offer the reliability of transactional databases and the scalability and speed of NoSQL.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW