Though the shutdown and spending cuts by the U.S. government are taking a toll on IT sales this year, market surveys and financial results from the likes of Apple and Facebook this week show some positive signs for tech.
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
With Apple reporting a decline in profit margins and Samsung consolidating its leadership in the mobile device market, earnings results and market research reports this week point to the ever-increasing importance of smartphones as key to growth in t...
With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
You've heard the Gen Y stereotypes before: They're lazy workers, exude entitlement and have been reared on social technologies that they bring into the workplace, whether IT departments like it or not.
The business benefits of a cloud computing model have been well stated. You cut costs by switching to more flexible on-demand IT resources that can better handle the ebb and flow technology needs at a company.
Given all the hype SaaS (software as a service) has garnered, you might be inclined to think every category of software will be delivered predominantly from the cloud at some point. Not so, says a new Forrester Research report.
Apple beat rival computer makers such as Hewlett-Packard and Dell by wide margins in a recent customers satisfaction survey, an analyst said Monday.
While IT managers are looking to cut costs during the recession, most aren't looking for savings in Web content management, according to a recent Forrester Research study.
Forrester Research is now forecasting an IT spending growth rate of just 1.6 per cent in the U.S. next year, down from its earlier projection of a 6.1 per cent increase. But the market research and consulting firm thinks a turnaround will begin by th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW