Many organizations today are looking for things that talk to the Internet. Sensors, cameras, medical equipment and even snowplows are on that wish list.
Ford Motor Company
Even the techiest cars today have clunky voice features compared to what you'll experience on an iPhone or Android phone. When Ford updated its SYNC infotainment system (to version 3.6.2) in August, it claimed to have improved the speech recognition....
Two security researchers at Defcon on Friday revealed the methods they used to hack into car computers and take over the steering, acceleration, brakes and other important functions.
Ford opened its voice-activated systems to programmers Monday with an application developer program for vehicles that it announced at the International CES.
Ford Motor Company debuted its first all-electric vehicle, the Focus Electric, at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show Friday. It is one of five new electrified vehicles that will be available in North America and Europe by 2013.
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
- How Moto Mods went from concept to product
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW