Many organizations today are looking for things that talk to the Internet. Sensors, cameras, medical equipment and even snowplows are on that wish list.
Ford Motor Company
Even the techiest cars today have clunky voice features compared to what you'll experience on an iPhone or Android phone. When Ford updated its SYNC infotainment system (to version 3.6.2) in August, it claimed to have improved the speech recognition....
Two security researchers at Defcon on Friday revealed the methods they used to hack into car computers and take over the steering, acceleration, brakes and other important functions.
Ford opened its voice-activated systems to programmers Monday with an application developer program for vehicles that it announced at the International CES.
Ford Motor Company debuted its first all-electric vehicle, the Focus Electric, at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show Friday. It is one of five new electrified vehicles that will be available in North America and Europe by 2013.
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW