Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Intel and Micron on Tuesday announced denser NAND flash memory, which could help reduce the space occupied by memory while increasing the storage capacity on consumer electronics.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC