Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Intel and Micron on Tuesday announced denser NAND flash memory, which could help reduce the space occupied by memory while increasing the storage capacity on consumer electronics.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC