While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Intel and Micron on Tuesday announced denser NAND flash memory, which could help reduce the space occupied by memory while increasing the storage capacity on consumer electronics.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
An estimated one billion of us watched the FIFA World Cup soccer final this Sunday in which Spain proved victorious against the Netherlands (it was all fortold by an opctopus, apparently). In a nod to the sport that's captivated the world for the pas...
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- OpenSSL tells users to prepare for a high severity flaw
- Nvidia attempts to ease the path to deep learning
- FBI chief warns that terrorists hide behind encrypted communications
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- US judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW