Hosted service vendor Telco Systems is hoping to make it easier for businesses to buy cloud-based routers and firewalls, but the company first has to convince service providers it's a good idea.
The number of NTP (Network Time Protocol) servers that can be abused to amplify DDoS attacks has decreased dramatically this year, but the threat remains.
A new tool called the Modern Honey Network (MHN) aims to make deploying and managing large numbers of honeypots easier so that enterprises can adopt such systems as part of their active defense strategies.
Attackers are increasingly abusing devices configured to publicly respond to SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) requests over the Internet to amplify distributed denial-of-service attacks.
A significant increase this weekend in TCP traffic with source port zero detected could be part of reconnaissance efforts in preparation for more serious attacks, according to security researchers from Cisco Systems.
Following through on an order earlier this year from U.S. President Barack Obama, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is rapidly developing a set of guidelines and best practices to help organizations better secure their IT syst...
Following up on customer feedback from U.S. intelligence agencies, VMware security systems provider HyTrust has updated its virtual security appliance so actions taken by administrators can be delayed until external approval for that action is grante...
The Chinese hacker group that broke into the computer network of The New York Times and other high-profile organizations, including defense contractors, has launched new attacks following a few months of inactivity, according to researchers from secu...
Aiming to better address the security needs of businesses of all sizes that are facing increasingly complex attacks, McAfee has added two endpoint security suites to its product lineup.
McAfee plans to acquire Stonesoft, a Helsinki-based maker of firewalls, for US$389 million in cash, the companies said Monday.
Security vendor Sophos has released an update for the software used on its Web gateway security appliance in order to address three serious vulnerabilities in the product's Web-based user interface.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
If you're not sure about the purpose behind Daiyuu Nobori's online thesis project, perhaps the large picture of the collapse of the Berlin Wall will help.
Kaspersky Lab's Internet Security 2013 product contains a bug that can be exploited remotely, especially on local networks, to completely freeze the OS on computers running the software.
Barracuda Networks released a new update on Monday to further mitigate a security issue that could have allowed attackers to gain unauthorized access to some of its network security appliances through backdoor accounts originally intended for remote ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA