Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Mozilla today patched Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 to quash three security vulnerabilities, including a pair unveiled last week at Black Hat, and a third Mozilla itself revealed last month.
Mozilla last week issued the first patch for Firefox 3.5, fixing a flaw that went public Monday. One noted contributor had called the flaw a "self-inflicted" vulnerability.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed the first security vulnerability in Firefox 3.5, and said that the bug could be used to hijack a machine running the company's newest browser.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC