Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Mozilla today patched Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 to quash three security vulnerabilities, including a pair unveiled last week at Black Hat, and a third Mozilla itself revealed last month.
Mozilla last week issued the first patch for Firefox 3.5, fixing a flaw that went public Monday. One noted contributor had called the flaw a "self-inflicted" vulnerability.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed the first security vulnerability in Firefox 3.5, and said that the bug could be used to hijack a machine running the company's newest browser.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW