Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Mozilla today patched Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 to quash three security vulnerabilities, including a pair unveiled last week at Black Hat, and a third Mozilla itself revealed last month.
Mozilla last week issued the first patch for Firefox 3.5, fixing a flaw that went public Monday. One noted contributor had called the flaw a "self-inflicted" vulnerability.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed the first security vulnerability in Firefox 3.5, and said that the bug could be used to hijack a machine running the company's newest browser.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
- How Moto Mods went from concept to product
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC