Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Mozilla today patched Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.0 to quash three security vulnerabilities, including a pair unveiled last week at Black Hat, and a third Mozilla itself revealed last month.
Mozilla last week issued the first patch for Firefox 3.5, fixing a flaw that went public Monday. One noted contributor had called the flaw a "self-inflicted" vulnerability.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed the first security vulnerability in Firefox 3.5, and said that the bug could be used to hijack a machine running the company's newest browser.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW