After several delays, Mozilla Tuesday set a release schedule for Firefox 3.1 Beta 3, the next milestone on the road to the browser's first major upgrade since June 2008.
Mozilla Wednesday announced it will add another beta to the Firefox 3.1 development schedule, a move that will push the browser's ship date to the second quarter or later.
Contrary to Apple's claims, the newest version of Safari is not the world's fastest browser, benchmark scores show. But it is dramatically faster than rivals being built by Mozilla and Microsoft.
Firefox 3.1 may only be a point release -- from 3.0 to 3.1 -- but its just-released Beta 2 version is a good indication that the final release will be a must-have upgrade for anyone using Firefox.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Many hospitals transmit your health records unencrypted
- EFF condemns Windows 10 data collection
- Facebook renews search for elusive younger users with Lifestage
- Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings
- Barbra Streisand says Apple is updating Siri on Sept 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW