Fidelity National Information Services is buying financial software vendor SunGard for US$9.1 billion to broaden its range of enterprise banking and capital market offerings.
Financial / tax
Workday has long been known for its financial and HR software, and on Tuesday it rolled out a new enterprise offering that spans both areas with a focus on planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Anyone who's ever worked in professional services knows that the focus there on people and billable projects can open up a world of specialized requirements from any supporting business software. With that very distinction in mind, Workday on Thursda...
Hard on the heels of the recent announcement of its next-generation S/4Hana enterprise software platform, SAP has unveiled a new sSoftware-as-a-Service application aimed at finance professionals but delivering a consumer-like experience.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTData & Analytics Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTTest Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW