Indian outsourcer Infosys has made an acquisition in the area of cloud computing and invested in a personal health monitoring company as it tries to move into high value products and services.
Microsoft has reported better-than-expected financial results for the quarter just ended, helped by strong sales of cloud services like Office 365 and Azure.
Google's sales rose 12 per cent during the first quarter, the slowest rate of revenue growth since 2013, while the amount it charges for ad clicks continued to drop.
Amazon has finally shared some numbers about its cloud business, and not surprisingly they show that it's thriving and profitable.
Qualcomm's second-quarter profit dropped 46 percent, mainly because of a large fine the company had to pay in China for settling antitrust issues.
Facebook continued growing its business with ads placed on small screens last quarter, when it generated 73 percent of its sales from mobile ads.
Mobile is a crucial element in CEO Marissa Mayer's turnaround plan for Yahoo, but the company is still heavily dependant on PCs for its money.
IBM reported a 12 per cent drop in revenue for the last quarter despite a big boost from its new z13 mainframe, which went on sale last month.
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
The PC business enjoyed a bit of a revival last year as companies replaced older systems running Windows XP. Those upgrades are mostly done now, and the slower market has hit Intel's financial results.
The Bitcoin Foundation, formed in 2012 to promote the virtual currency, has rejected claims by a board member that it's bankrupt but has acknowledged significant financial problems -- ironically as a result of a big drop in the value of its bitcoin h...
Samsung Electronics expects first quarter profits to drop by more than 30 percent, marking the sixth straight quarterly decline at the company, which is struggling to compete with Apple at the top of the smartphone market.
BlackBerry surprised Wall Street by getting its bottom line back into the black in the fourth quarter, but sales shrunk significantly again, putting in question CEO John Chen's assertion that the company's turnaround is on track.
Oracle expects to generate more than US$1 billion in new SaaS and PaaS business in 2015, putting it toe-to-toe in the cloud market with Salesforce.com, Oracle's top executives said Tuesday.
Patrick Pichette, Google's chief financial officer, is retiring, the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW