Revenue at Infosys grew in the fourth quarter, but profit fell as a result of a wage rise and investments in newer businesses.
Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia smartphones during the fourth quarter of last year, as the company's Devices & Services unit exceeded expectations, according to preliminary data.
Zynga's Mark Pincus made the annual "Worst CEOs" list compiled by Dartmouth College professor Sydney Finkelstein, which also nearly included Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Andrew Mason of Groupon.
HTC's net profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 fell by 90 percent year-over-year, as the Taiwanese smartphone maker continues to struggle amid heated competition.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
Hewlett-Packard will continue to evaluate potential divestitures of underperforming parts of its business, and the process could get messy, the company warned its investors in its annual 10-K document, which was filed in late December.
Research In Motion will let its customers pick and choose individual BlackBerry services such as security and mobile device management after it introduces the long-awaited BlackBerry 10 platform next month.
Research In Motion reported falling unit sales and revenue in its third fiscal quarter as it geared up for the introduction of its BlackBerry 10 OS next month.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman has once again affirmed the company's commitment to its embattled Autonomy software division, stressing that HP's fiscal health is stronger than recent developments may have suggested.
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Hewlett-Packard is planning to "aggressively" seek recompense for alleged accounting fraud related to the acquisition of its Autonomy unit, which resulted in the vendor taking a non-cash impairment charge of US$8.8 billion.
Hewlett-Packard is taking an $US8.8 billion charge as a result of what it called serious accounting improprieties that occurred at UK software company, Autonomy, before it acquired the firm in 2011.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA