Revenue at Infosys grew in the fourth quarter, but profit fell as a result of a wage rise and investments in newer businesses.
Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia smartphones during the fourth quarter of last year, as the company's Devices & Services unit exceeded expectations, according to preliminary data.
Zynga's Mark Pincus made the annual "Worst CEOs" list compiled by Dartmouth College professor Sydney Finkelstein, which also nearly included Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Andrew Mason of Groupon.
HTC's net profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 fell by 90 percent year-over-year, as the Taiwanese smartphone maker continues to struggle amid heated competition.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
Hewlett-Packard will continue to evaluate potential divestitures of underperforming parts of its business, and the process could get messy, the company warned its investors in its annual 10-K document, which was filed in late December.
Research In Motion will let its customers pick and choose individual BlackBerry services such as security and mobile device management after it introduces the long-awaited BlackBerry 10 platform next month.
Research In Motion reported falling unit sales and revenue in its third fiscal quarter as it geared up for the introduction of its BlackBerry 10 OS next month.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman has once again affirmed the company's commitment to its embattled Autonomy software division, stressing that HP's fiscal health is stronger than recent developments may have suggested.
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Hewlett-Packard is planning to "aggressively" seek recompense for alleged accounting fraud related to the acquisition of its Autonomy unit, which resulted in the vendor taking a non-cash impairment charge of US$8.8 billion.
Hewlett-Packard is taking an $US8.8 billion charge as a result of what it called serious accounting improprieties that occurred at UK software company, Autonomy, before it acquired the firm in 2011.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW