Sprint Nextel posted another quarterly loss but reported progress toward becoming just plain Sprint, a company with more money and fewer networks, which it hopes to be by the end of this year.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a fourth-quarter net loss of €1.37 billion (US$1.81 billion), and at the same time announced it is hunting for a new CEO.
Sony's Vita and PlayStation Portable handheld game consoles continued to struggle in the crucial holiday shopping season, but the company shrunk its overall losses from a year ago and is still on track to return to profitability this fiscal year.
Baidu's net profit in the fourth quarter grew 36 percent year-over-year, but the company admits it has to still take advantage of China's growing mobile Internet market.
Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics an...
Nintendo won't cut the price of the Wii U to boost sagging sales.
Lenovo's net profit for its fiscal third quarter grew by 34 percent year over year, as the company also reported that its smartphone business in China had become profitable for the first time.
Nintendo's new Wii U console had a tough holiday launch, and its 3DS handheld continues to struggle.
EMC saw fourth-quarter revenue rise 8 percent, driven mainly by strong performance at its VMware subsidiary, while net income rose 5 percent, both record figures for the company.
VMware said Monday it will cut 900 jobs in a move to focus more on high potential businesses, as profits remained strong but growth slowed.
Yahoo's revenue climbed 2 percent in the fourth quarter, though its display ad business shrank and profit was down from a year earlier.
Despite Microsoft's quarterly profit decline and Apple's fall Friday from its position as the world's most highly valued company, this week's wave of earnings reports was strong, boosting markets to highs not seen since before the recession.
Samsung Electronics posted record profits during the holiday shopping season, on strong sales of mobile phones and TVs from its premium to low-end lineups.
AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
Though Microsoft's second-fiscal-quarter profit declined, company revenue increased, helped by its Windows division, where sales shot up more than 20 percent year on year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT