Sprint Nextel posted another quarterly loss but reported progress toward becoming just plain Sprint, a company with more money and fewer networks, which it hopes to be by the end of this year.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a fourth-quarter net loss of €1.37 billion (US$1.81 billion), and at the same time announced it is hunting for a new CEO.
Sony's Vita and PlayStation Portable handheld game consoles continued to struggle in the crucial holiday shopping season, but the company shrunk its overall losses from a year ago and is still on track to return to profitability this fiscal year.
Baidu's net profit in the fourth quarter grew 36 percent year-over-year, but the company admits it has to still take advantage of China's growing mobile Internet market.
Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics an...
Nintendo won't cut the price of the Wii U to boost sagging sales.
Lenovo's net profit for its fiscal third quarter grew by 34 percent year over year, as the company also reported that its smartphone business in China had become profitable for the first time.
Nintendo's new Wii U console had a tough holiday launch, and its 3DS handheld continues to struggle.
EMC saw fourth-quarter revenue rise 8 percent, driven mainly by strong performance at its VMware subsidiary, while net income rose 5 percent, both record figures for the company.
VMware said Monday it will cut 900 jobs in a move to focus more on high potential businesses, as profits remained strong but growth slowed.
Yahoo's revenue climbed 2 percent in the fourth quarter, though its display ad business shrank and profit was down from a year earlier.
Despite Microsoft's quarterly profit decline and Apple's fall Friday from its position as the world's most highly valued company, this week's wave of earnings reports was strong, boosting markets to highs not seen since before the recession.
Samsung Electronics posted record profits during the holiday shopping season, on strong sales of mobile phones and TVs from its premium to low-end lineups.
AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
Though Microsoft's second-fiscal-quarter profit declined, company revenue increased, helped by its Windows division, where sales shot up more than 20 percent year on year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW