Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry posted record annual profits last year, a sign that production of Apple products remains strong despite heightened competition from rival electronics vendors.
Hewlett-Packard's shareholders have voted to reelect its entire board of directors, despite opposition from investors who want some members held accountable for recent troubles at HP, including its ill-fated acquisition of Autonomy.
Oracle's total revenue dipped 1 per cent and profits remained almost flat in its most recent quarter, as revenue from new software licenses and cloud services dropped by 2 per cent.
Taiwanese PC maker, Acer, reported a net loss in last year's fourth quarter, weighed down by a $US120 million write-off related to its Gateway, eMachines and Packard Bell product brands.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
Even though PC giants Hewlett-Packard and Dell reported significant year-over-year sales declines, tech stocks, buoyed by signs of confidence from other IT vendors, started to rise again Friday after slumping for most of the week.
Hewlett-Packard's CEO has dismissed persistent rumours that the company might break itself up in a move that could create more value for shareholders.
Hewlett-Packard reported a drop in profit for the last quarter as printer and PC sales both declined, but said cost-cutting measures the company announced last year are starting to pay off.
France Télécom reported a 4.5 percent drop in revenue in the fourth quarter, blaming much of the decline on regulatory measures.
Dell has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profits as the company's CEO continues his battle to take the PC maker private.
Cisco Systems posted higher revenue and profit in its fiscal second quarter as Chairman and CEO John Chambers reiterated the company's ambitious goal to become the biggest company in IT.
The U.K.'s Financial Reporting Council has launched a probe into Autonomy's financial reporting over a period of more than two years prior to its acquisition by Hewlett-Packard.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia