Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry posted record annual profits last year, a sign that production of Apple products remains strong despite heightened competition from rival electronics vendors.
Hewlett-Packard's shareholders have voted to reelect its entire board of directors, despite opposition from investors who want some members held accountable for recent troubles at HP, including its ill-fated acquisition of Autonomy.
Oracle's total revenue dipped 1 per cent and profits remained almost flat in its most recent quarter, as revenue from new software licenses and cloud services dropped by 2 per cent.
Taiwanese PC maker, Acer, reported a net loss in last year's fourth quarter, weighed down by a $US120 million write-off related to its Gateway, eMachines and Packard Bell product brands.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
Even though PC giants Hewlett-Packard and Dell reported significant year-over-year sales declines, tech stocks, buoyed by signs of confidence from other IT vendors, started to rise again Friday after slumping for most of the week.
Hewlett-Packard's CEO has dismissed persistent rumours that the company might break itself up in a move that could create more value for shareholders.
Hewlett-Packard reported a drop in profit for the last quarter as printer and PC sales both declined, but said cost-cutting measures the company announced last year are starting to pay off.
France Télécom reported a 4.5 percent drop in revenue in the fourth quarter, blaming much of the decline on regulatory measures.
Dell has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profits as the company's CEO continues his battle to take the PC maker private.
Cisco Systems posted higher revenue and profit in its fiscal second quarter as Chairman and CEO John Chambers reiterated the company's ambitious goal to become the biggest company in IT.
The U.K.'s Financial Reporting Council has launched a probe into Autonomy's financial reporting over a period of more than two years prior to its acquisition by Hewlett-Packard.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD