Microsoft closed its fiscal year with a less-than-stellar earnings report, missing Wall Street's revenue and profit expectations and taking a gigantic charge related to its Surface RT tablet sales.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
Google's second-quarter revenue increased by 19 percent to about US$14 billion, aided by consumers' shift to mobile devices, the company announced Thursday.
Tata Consultancy Services reported strong revenue and profit growth in the second quarter as demand for its services picked up in key markets like the U.S. and Europe.
Verizon Communications has reported a revenue increase of 4.3 percent for the second quarter of 2013, compared to a year ago, with mobile and Fios broadband customers additions driving the growth.
Nokia sold 7.4 million Lumia smartphones in the second quarter, its best yet for sales of the Windows Phone devices, but still made a net loss.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the second quarter grew 23.8 percent year over year, driven by demand for faster and power-efficient chips for mobile phones built with its new 28-nanometer manufacturing process.
SAP reported revenue growth in the second quarter driven by growth in cloud subscriptions and revenue from support and its HANA in-memory database.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Intel reported another drop in profits for the second quarter and narrowed its sales outlook for the full year, as the declining PC market continues to eat away at its business.
Yahoo's profits rose by 46 per cent in the second quarter, aided by nearly a dozen product launches, though sales at the company were still down.
Infosys posted strong revenue growth in the second quarter as demand picked up in key markets including the U.S.
HTC's second quarter net profit plummeted 83 per cent year-on-year as sales of the company's latest flagship handset failed to meet expectations.
Samsung Electronics predicted a big jump in profit for the second quarter compared to a year earlier, but the company's explosive growth is slowing amid signs its top end Galaxy smartphones are less popular than expected.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l SQL/RDMS/ DB2/ ETL/ UML/ XML/ Big Data technologiesNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW