Microsoft closed its fiscal year with a less-than-stellar earnings report, missing Wall Street's revenue and profit expectations and taking a gigantic charge related to its Surface RT tablet sales.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
Google's second-quarter revenue increased by 19 percent to about US$14 billion, aided by consumers' shift to mobile devices, the company announced Thursday.
Tata Consultancy Services reported strong revenue and profit growth in the second quarter as demand for its services picked up in key markets like the U.S. and Europe.
Verizon Communications has reported a revenue increase of 4.3 percent for the second quarter of 2013, compared to a year ago, with mobile and Fios broadband customers additions driving the growth.
Nokia sold 7.4 million Lumia smartphones in the second quarter, its best yet for sales of the Windows Phone devices, but still made a net loss.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the second quarter grew 23.8 percent year over year, driven by demand for faster and power-efficient chips for mobile phones built with its new 28-nanometer manufacturing process.
SAP reported revenue growth in the second quarter driven by growth in cloud subscriptions and revenue from support and its HANA in-memory database.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Intel reported another drop in profits for the second quarter and narrowed its sales outlook for the full year, as the declining PC market continues to eat away at its business.
Yahoo's profits rose by 46 per cent in the second quarter, aided by nearly a dozen product launches, though sales at the company were still down.
Infosys posted strong revenue growth in the second quarter as demand picked up in key markets including the U.S.
HTC's second quarter net profit plummeted 83 per cent year-on-year as sales of the company's latest flagship handset failed to meet expectations.
Samsung Electronics predicted a big jump in profit for the second quarter compared to a year earlier, but the company's explosive growth is slowing amid signs its top end Galaxy smartphones are less popular than expected.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT