Microsoft closed its fiscal year with a less-than-stellar earnings report, missing Wall Street's revenue and profit expectations and taking a gigantic charge related to its Surface RT tablet sales.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
Google's second-quarter revenue increased by 19 percent to about US$14 billion, aided by consumers' shift to mobile devices, the company announced Thursday.
Tata Consultancy Services reported strong revenue and profit growth in the second quarter as demand for its services picked up in key markets like the U.S. and Europe.
Verizon Communications has reported a revenue increase of 4.3 percent for the second quarter of 2013, compared to a year ago, with mobile and Fios broadband customers additions driving the growth.
Nokia sold 7.4 million Lumia smartphones in the second quarter, its best yet for sales of the Windows Phone devices, but still made a net loss.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the second quarter grew 23.8 percent year over year, driven by demand for faster and power-efficient chips for mobile phones built with its new 28-nanometer manufacturing process.
SAP reported revenue growth in the second quarter driven by growth in cloud subscriptions and revenue from support and its HANA in-memory database.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Intel reported another drop in profits for the second quarter and narrowed its sales outlook for the full year, as the declining PC market continues to eat away at its business.
Yahoo's profits rose by 46 per cent in the second quarter, aided by nearly a dozen product launches, though sales at the company were still down.
Infosys posted strong revenue growth in the second quarter as demand picked up in key markets including the U.S.
HTC's second quarter net profit plummeted 83 per cent year-on-year as sales of the company's latest flagship handset failed to meet expectations.
Samsung Electronics predicted a big jump in profit for the second quarter compared to a year earlier, but the company's explosive growth is slowing amid signs its top end Galaxy smartphones are less popular than expected.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW