IBM is the subject of a probe by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into how it reports revenue related to its cloud computing business, the vendor revealed Wednesday.
NEC will introduce no new smartphones, and will make current models only to order, as it struggles to find the economies of scale required to compete in the market.
Microsoft's Surface tablet has earned the company less in revenue than it paid to write down unsold stocks of the device.
SoftBank's net sales increased by over 21 percent in the second quarter as the company saw handset sales and subscriber numbers increase.
Alcatel-Lucent's second-quarter revenue grew 1.9 percent year on year, driven by strong growth in sales of IP networking equipment, one of the markets on which the company is pinning its future.
Sprint Nextel made a net loss of US$1.6 billion for the second quarter, swollen by the cost of shutting down its Nextel wireless network, but the company is more optimistic about future profitability.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
Indian outsourcer Wipro grew revenue and profits in the second quarter, citing improved demand.
French telecommunications operator Orange reported a sharp fall in net profit for the first half, with as revenue declined year on year too.
Facebook's revenue rose 53 per cent during the second quarter amid continued gains in mobile advertising revenue share, the company reported.
Anyone who watches Apple knows how closely the company holds its secrets. No matter what the subject, the company only speaks when it has something to say.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
AT&T posted higher revenue and profit in the second quarter, with gains in its mobile unit offsetting flat wireline revenue.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- FTData AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC