IBM is the subject of a probe by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into how it reports revenue related to its cloud computing business, the vendor revealed Wednesday.
NEC will introduce no new smartphones, and will make current models only to order, as it struggles to find the economies of scale required to compete in the market.
Microsoft's Surface tablet has earned the company less in revenue than it paid to write down unsold stocks of the device.
SoftBank's net sales increased by over 21 percent in the second quarter as the company saw handset sales and subscriber numbers increase.
Alcatel-Lucent's second-quarter revenue grew 1.9 percent year on year, driven by strong growth in sales of IP networking equipment, one of the markets on which the company is pinning its future.
Sprint Nextel made a net loss of US$1.6 billion for the second quarter, swollen by the cost of shutting down its Nextel wireless network, but the company is more optimistic about future profitability.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
Indian outsourcer Wipro grew revenue and profits in the second quarter, citing improved demand.
French telecommunications operator Orange reported a sharp fall in net profit for the first half, with as revenue declined year on year too.
Facebook's revenue rose 53 per cent during the second quarter amid continued gains in mobile advertising revenue share, the company reported.
Anyone who watches Apple knows how closely the company holds its secrets. No matter what the subject, the company only speaks when it has something to say.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
AT&T posted higher revenue and profit in the second quarter, with gains in its mobile unit offsetting flat wireline revenue.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC