IBM is the subject of a probe by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into how it reports revenue related to its cloud computing business, the vendor revealed Wednesday.
NEC will introduce no new smartphones, and will make current models only to order, as it struggles to find the economies of scale required to compete in the market.
Microsoft's Surface tablet has earned the company less in revenue than it paid to write down unsold stocks of the device.
SoftBank's net sales increased by over 21 percent in the second quarter as the company saw handset sales and subscriber numbers increase.
Alcatel-Lucent's second-quarter revenue grew 1.9 percent year on year, driven by strong growth in sales of IP networking equipment, one of the markets on which the company is pinning its future.
Sprint Nextel made a net loss of US$1.6 billion for the second quarter, swollen by the cost of shutting down its Nextel wireless network, but the company is more optimistic about future profitability.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
Indian outsourcer Wipro grew revenue and profits in the second quarter, citing improved demand.
French telecommunications operator Orange reported a sharp fall in net profit for the first half, with as revenue declined year on year too.
Facebook's revenue rose 53 per cent during the second quarter amid continued gains in mobile advertising revenue share, the company reported.
Anyone who watches Apple knows how closely the company holds its secrets. No matter what the subject, the company only speaks when it has something to say.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
AT&T posted higher revenue and profit in the second quarter, with gains in its mobile unit offsetting flat wireline revenue.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)QLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCRed Hat Linux SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW