An incompatibility with a software update and subsequent attempt to fix it were the root cause of glitch that forced a nearly four hour long suspension of trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
The New York Stock Exchange suffered its biggest outage in more than 10 years on Wednesday when an unspecified technical glitch forced a 3.5-hour long suspension of trading.
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Former customers of MtGox, once the world's largest trading place for bitcoin, can finally file claims for lost assets.
Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
In just under six months, a behind-the-scenes switch in the payments industry will change the way U.S. consumers shop and could bring wider acceptance for Apple Pay and its competitors.
It was just about two weeks ago that Box set out to remove a major barrier to the cloud for security-minded organizations with its Encryption Key Management capability. Now, it's taken that focus a step further with a full-fledged cloud storage servi...
With a free Chip & PIN card reader, Swedish mobile payments company iZettle is lowering the threshold for small companies to start accepting card payments.
Nearly all of the roughly US$370 million in bitcoin that disappeared in the February 2014 collapse of Mt. Gox probably vanished due to fraudulent transactions, with only 1 percent taken by hackers, according to a report in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun new...
The launch of Apple Pay last month jump-started the mobile payments business, with several companies pushing hard to become your preferred payment method in stores. Even more competitors are on the horizon, promising to bring a lot more security and ...
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
Apple's new contactless payment system on the iPhone 6 saw 1 million activations in its first three days of use, pointing to an initially enthusiastic response from Apple users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW