Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
Fight for the Future
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA