Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
Fight for the Future
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia