Facebook may soon help you find the closest public Wi-Fi access point with a new feature in its mobile app.
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
Using fake Facebook accounts, we discovered that the content Facebook shows conservatives and liberals is significantly different, with far more spin and fake news pushed at Trump supporters.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg described as “crazy” the criticism that fake news on its news feed to users had tilted the vote in the U.S. presidential election in favor of Donald Trump.
Here's how two of the world's largest social networks are thinking about their roles as purveyors of news following Donald Trump's election.
Facebook has succeeded in transmitting data at almost 20Gbps between two towers in Southern California in tests of a technology key to its plans to deliver internet service to rural areas using drones.
Facebook's Gameroom for the Windows desktop is now available for hardcore casual gamers.
It's been a tough week for Facebook when it comes to civil rights allegations.
The White House will give up its social media accounts to the next President in just a few months. Here's how it will happen.
If Facebook has its way, the social network will soon be your go-to online destination for movie tickets, food delivery and other local reservations.
Facebook wants to make it easy to get recommendations from your friends on where to eat and which shows to see.
Though Facebook has been working to bring in younger users for several years now, it doesn't appear to be having much success.
Facebook recently added the ability for iOS users to cast to an Apple TV or Chromecast, and Android support is coming soon.
Another popular Facebook feature gets its own standalone app.
Facebook today unveiled Marketplace, a service for mobile users who want to buy and sell items while using the social networking app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW