Some fairly large Internet services are pressing into production Facebook's open-source PHP runtime engine after being impressed with the performance metrics for the alternative to the ubiquitous open-source PHP package used across the Web.
Thanks to revelations about government spying, a revamped version of a 15-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between EU and the U.S. still seems a long way off, threatening the ability of American companies to do business in E...
Drivers of buses that shuttle employees to Facebook's campus have decided to unionize, reflecting an increasingly assertive contract workforce at tech companies in California.
Facebook is working on a collaboration tool for businesses called "Facebook at Work" in a bid to compete with similar tools from Google, LinkedIn and Microsoft.
Facebook lets its users control whether other people can see the information they post, but when it comes to controlling what Facebook itself gets to see, privacy-conscious users are out of luck.
The traffic inside Facebook's data centers is growing so fast that the company is changing the basic architecture of its networks in order to keep up.
Matt Corddry, Facebook's director of hardware engineering, should be grateful to Tesla. Not because he drives one (he doesn't), but because the popularity of its electric cars could help Facebook take a little more cost out of running its data center...
Online service providers need to do a better job telling users what information will be gathered about them and how it will be used, a top official at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said Wednesday.
Internet companies have run amok with our personal data, and people aren't entirely sure what to do about it, judging from the results of a new survey.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it's worth fewer with a lousy caption -- and let's not even get into hashtags -- so Instagram is trying to help users clean things up.
Facebook's Messenger is now one of the most used mobile messaging apps in the world, with more than 500 million people logging in monthly, the company said Monday.
Facebook is giving users more options to control what content they see in their feeds.
Certificate authority DigiCert is considering issuing SSL certificates to more Tor .onion address owners after recently providing Facebook with one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users
- UK plans to introduce new Web snooping law
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT